FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to change the heater core? I've already replaced all brakelines, struts and coils, tie rod ends, so I'm fairly confident I will be able to do this also. Any tips to save me from dis-assembling any thing I don't need too?
Thanks,
Tom

· Registered
551 Posts
Tedious

Plenty of good writeups in the "How to" section.
This is a tedious process that has many steps.

My only real hints are...

Get a couple of those magnetic trays..one for each side.
Remove both front seats...4 bolts each and makes life a lot easier.
Disconnect the speedo cable at the transmission so you can slide out the instrument cluster.
A flexible 1/4 extension is your friend for those screws near the windshield.
Nutdrivers and torx screwdrivers are great.

AS you take stuff apart, take a moment to learn how it will be put back.
This is helpful due to the sheer volumne of nuts, screws, actuators, plugs, clips, hoses, and routing of these items.

Bruce

· Registered
818 Posts
Yes piston.. in case you didn't know... the entire dashboard has to be removed.

Difficulty... well you can probably tackle it.. there's nothing really 'difficult' about it.. it's just A LOT of work... hundreds of small nuts and bolts to keep track of, and plan on it taking a whole weekend.

Just do a search there are several write-ups here.

· Registered
7,808 Posts
Hard ? What are you guys talking about !? It only took that guy ~10 minutes for the whole disassembly! ;)

Eggcelent video. One word... AHHHHHHH !!!!!
:eek: hehehe...

Put that up in the FYI thread.

FLIP THAT... I'm going to replace my coolant this weekend... :)

· Registered
1,181 Posts
spoke my mind on the heater core vid. Great video, glad someone up north doesn't call "The Man" for everything. and the guy knew what he was doing except for 1 thing, his speedometer is missing the clip that holds it in place, and his gear for it is so corroded its welded in place, so it's been a while since he checked his tranny fluid.

· Registered
2,391 Posts
ive watched that video once and well frankly it looks about a medium skill level. as long as you got a clue and are visually intune with things you should be able to get it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.