FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to change the cam position sensor on a 95 1.9l engine?

do you just bolt it on and go or do you have to index it somehow?

if so how do you do this and does it require special equipment??

same thing with the crank position sensor...

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Remove old sensor, plug new sensor in. Good luck changing the cam sensor as I could only get mine out when the intake manifold was off. Not enought room to pull it out, it hits the intake.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its one of the last things I can think of to change that might be affecting my car as below:

http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=9641

I figure since I've got two spare ones with me from two extra heads I brought back, might as well do it while I'm doing all the intake manifold stuff so I can just go ahead and rule it out from the list of "possibles"

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Did you replace the intake manifold gasket yet? Either way you'll have to anyways. Once you loosen the head off to get at that cam sensor the gasket will probably be garbage. And if you have an extra head, why are you asking how to change the sensor. Take the old one off to find out how.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
because the head from the other engine ran, and ran properly....so if it came down to either having to clock the cam position sensor with some weirdo expensive tool, I'd just pop the head off and pop the other head on with the known working cam sensor.

I'd rather pay a $20 for a head gasket and head bolts instead of some weirdo one-time use $$$ sensor alignment tool.

but since you say the sensor can simply pop in and out without alignment I dont need to worry with that.

anyway, that's why I asked, thanks a bunch :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts