FEOA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 zx2 with the am/fm/tape/cd factory radio and recently the radio has failed to operate. The cd works but when I push the am/fm button the faceplate goes blank and no responce from the radio. The unit is still powered on though and I can select the cd player and it plays with all of the features (fade/balance/bass etc) I've checked the fuses and I don't know if there is a seperate fuse just for the radio itself. I'm thinkin not and I need to find a replacement radio. Any suggestions?

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,867 Posts
My guess is the radio is borked like Neuman says. Just throw it out and go aftermarket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My thoughts, exactly. it's kaput. I'll look at Crutchfield for a replacement and a new faceplate.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Radio power?

OK, I'll admit my faults but I don't know what I did to fix this so here goes. I pulled the cables from the battery to clean up etc, and the radio failed after I was done but the cd player worked. I was set to buy a new radio and adapter for the car, but before I did that I decided to go back over the battery terminals again and did a do-over and the radio started to work again after I unconnected and reconnected the battery. It doesn't make sense but the radio works now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts