FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Doesn't this mildly screw up cars with afm/maf/vaf/flappers? Unmetered air and all that?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
therieldeal said:
there is no unmetered air problem because its still hooked up like stock.. youre just putting the can inline to trap oil
My bad... missed the inline part.

I'm running into a bit of a design issue with the MX6.... i have no place to route it back into the intake tract between the VAF and the turbo. So right now it's just vented to atmosphere and making a mess.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
silverton said:
ciento44 said:
therieldeal said:
there is no unmetered air problem because its still hooked up like stock.. youre just putting the can inline to trap oil
My bad... missed the inline part.

I'm running into a bit of a design issue with the MX6.... i have no place to route it back into the intake tract between the VAF and the turbo. So right now it's just vented to atmosphere and making a mess.
Route hose to hang near ground. Done.
True, but then there's air leaving the motor that should have gone into the combustion chamber.... i guess it's not enough to make a big difference. I need to spend more time looking at it. I want to make it look nice. :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
MTN_RCR said:
as far as i understand the whole point is so you can vent crank case fumes and you dont want it to be inline on the intake system if your boosted becasue its supposed to stop the boost pressure from back feeding into the valve cover and pcv vale system so your not pressurizing your crankcase. the lines go from the valve cover and pcv hose into the catch can and then you just put a small breather filter on the top of the catcth can so its totally seperated from the intake system.
It won't back feed if the PCV valve is working correctly. It's supposed to route back into the intake past the VAF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.