FEOA Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
therieldeal said:
for all we know that GNX could have been barely running with huge rust holes in the floor and fenders
From what others are saying, even trashed it'd be worth more than $4500.

Another point I'd read elsewhere...a few of these might be spiteful divorce disposals (or even just against a cheating huband/wife). "You cheated on me so I got rid of your prized car--how do you like that?"

· Registered
2,719 Posts
Over a hundred Subaru SVX's are gone, as if they weren't rare enough as it is. Rousch and Foose modified trucks, gone. It's insane that people with these one off vehicles just toss them away. There was even a 2008 mustang! That had probably just barely paid it off and it was well worth more than 4500... but that's probably where the spiteful thing comes in

· Registered
552 Posts
I see 5..... 5 starions on that list....

that right there is a crime.

strange, I thought those got a lot better than 18mpg

as for other cars, such as the newer stuff, or the custom stuff..... I am willing to bet there are extenuating circumstances. Those vehicles could have been totalled, or otherwise already destroyed at the time of the trade in. The GNX, could have been a rusted out, grenaded motor pile of junk that has been in accidents or was showing an buttload of frame rust. Without the motor, a GNX is just a regal, no matter what badging is on it. All the dealers were required to do with the C4C vehicles was to grenade the engines.... For all we know, that GNX is in the same shape now as it was the day before it was turned in for C4C.

Remember, all this program really required is that a person owned and had registered the vehicle for over a year prior to trade in.

just totaled your 08 mustang?
Insurance company paid you for it, why not buy back the car for a couple thousand bucks, drag it to a dealer, and get 4500 for trade in.

· Registered
552 Posts
that doesnt mean they had to be in good shape. Gub'ment aint gonna check if the vehicle that got traded had a crack in the block the size of the san andreas fault. Dealers really have a lot of leeway in what they accept. They just need to submit documentation saying what vehicle they recieved, what vehicle was purchased, proof of ownership by the owner, and they need to certify the vehicle was disposed of and the engine was made inoperable.

· Registered
1998 ZX2
10,095 Posts
The vehicle traded in on the program had to run, drive, and have been registered continuously for at least a year. Many times a totaled car will still run and drive and if its still registered I guess you could still trade it.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.