FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(----(cold)-----------------(hot)----) Lets say that is the gauge the temp is always between the (----(cold) I was wondering if other peoples cars have been running that cold or if I need to check into whats going on with it. I have a 92 lx.

· Registered
7,808 Posts
If you still have the original thermostat, woudn't be surprised if there's barely anything left of it. BUT, attempt to remove the housing and a bolt may break off in the head. ALSO, it's typical for the thermostat bypass valve, which is apart of the thermostat housing itself, to go bad.

Have the '94 and have been running below 'N' for as long as I can remember. In my case it's the thermostat bypass valve. But I'm not replacing it due to the aluminum-head on iron-block headgasket issue that plagues many vehicles from many manufacturers during this era. Many have reported on a dropped intake valve-seat issue with the heads. Heat greatly increases the chance of that happening as well. So I'm leaving well enough alone. Primary draw back is very little heat for the first 15, 20 minutes, extended warm up periods and fuel mileage. (engine stays clean despite)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.