FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the carpet in the 2002 zx2´s have rubber backing?

My reason is I have to get my seal around my door replaced, cuase of rain leaks and the dealership said they dried out my floor boards. But if the carpet is just weaved on the bottom and does not have a rubberized type backing than the floor under the carpet is not dry, becasue i doubt they took the carpet up to dry it out. I dont want a rust problem down the road.

Anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
Turn the heater on high using the floor vents. Open the windows about a half inch to let in some dry air. let the car run for a while. There is usually not a big problem if they used a shop vac and got the biggest part of it. If you think you need to use a shop vac to remove any excess water then run the heater for and hour or so. that usually does a good job. What ever you do get that thing dried out as fast as possible because the damp wet carpet smell is nasty. after it dries, throw some baking soda on the capet over night to remove any odors. then vaccum the next day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but has anyone looked at the backing of the carpet? I am trying to save that trouble if someone else has done it already. If not, I´ll try it and let you know. Thanks again for the tips birddog.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My apologies for not attempting to answer the question you actually asked. As far as I know for does not put a rubber backing on any of the carpet in their vehicles. there are a few places on the floor under the capret were you may find rubber glued to the floor but these are isolated areas used mostly to keep the carpet from wearing a hole in itself from rubbing the floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts