FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has access to CarFax.com Could you PLEASE look up a vin history and Email it to me so i could print it out? Its for a 93 Ford P-Up that my fucture father-in-law is about to buy, and it has low miles, I would like to check it out for him and print out the report before he buys it.

VIN: 1FTEF14N2PNB20606
And my EMail is: [email protected]
THANKS ALOT!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess I'm a bit late coming into this thread, but I wanted to say something about CarFAX reports...

I paid the $20 for unlimited reports before buying my '93 LX Wagon, and just for grins, I typed in the VIN for my previous car - a '99 Saturn SL2.

The CarFAX report for the Saturn indicated that it had suffered no major accidents.

[November 1998] I was rear-ended by a young woman from Georgia while I was waiting in holiday traffic to get through the toll booth in Wildwood on the Florida Turnpike. My speed: 0 mph. Her speed: ~45 mph. This was the first week I owned the car; the odometer read 890 miles. FHP filled out a report, charged her with following too closely or failure to yield, or whatever... and the accident was reported to both her and my insurance companies. The entire exhaust system, the heat shield for the exhaust system, the gas tank, the rear bumper, trunk lid, two tail lights and two rear quarters were replaced. The repair bill was $4,600.

[September 2001] One Friday afternoon while I was driving home from work, in the left lane of I-10, the tractor-trailer I was passing changed lanes into my car. ...well, into and over my car. My speed: 68 mph (aren't GPS units kewl?). His speed: ~65 mph. The odometer read 64,000 miles. FHP filled out a report and charged the driver of the tractor-trailer with "unsafe lane change" (yeah, I'll say!). This accident was also reported to both his and my insurance companies. The passenger side front door, right side front quarter panel, hood, front bumper, right front headlight, right front turn signal light, right side fog light, right side A pillar, dashboard, glove box and front bumper were all replaced. The repair bill was $8,950.

I got rid of the car at 91,000 miles. I don't know what kind of criteria CarFAX uses to determine "major repairs" or "major accidents", but both of these would qualify in my book, both in extent of damage and in cost of repairs. CarFAX, however, states that there have been no major incidents with this car.

I mention all this as a long-winded explanation of why you wouldn't want to depend on CarFAX as your sole source of information about the condition of a vehicle. It is obvious to me (and should be to you, as well, now) that not all reports from insurance companies or law enforcement agencies make it into the CarFAX report, for whatever reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts