FEOA Forums banner

Car won´t start!!....Bah!!!!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Skuce 
#1 ·
My dad parked my car on FRIDAY...and he left my Amp turned on (it´s how i have it wired)

When i got back to my car on MONDAY....if of course wouldn´t start...BAH!!!

Tried jumping it...Nothing at all (not even a "click"

Fuses are all good...so far...need to check the engine bay ones next....

Headlights and high beams are the only things that have full power though.

Nothing else works...no interior lighting at all...not even little lights in the guage cluster...they faded to nothing really fast....but the high beam symbol is a bright as ever.....WTF!!!

Anybody have a faintest direction on where i should head on my search?.....i´ll keep working on it

Thanks

#2 ·
Hook it up to a charger skuce and see how many amps the charger is pushing to the battery, the less amps the more of a chrage yer battery has, if the amperage is around 10, leave the charger on over night and try starting in the morning, if it still DOESN´T START......look at your starter.

#3 ·
Thanks

The amps on the batt. are about 7 right now with the charger on it.

And all the fuses are good as well.....

[ Edited by Skuce On Date 07-04-2002 ]

#5 ·
Ok

Battery holds a charge fine....but still.

NO ELECTRICAL syetem work...except headlights and high beams.

No door locks, No interior lights, No brakes or signals, No stereo, No 4-way flashers, No guage lights....NOTHING at all

The ONLY guage light that works is the blue "high beam" icon.

I really want to figure this out.

#6 ·
I know you said you checked the fuses but did you make sure to check the ones in the engine bay? Also, mine has a breaker-type fuse in the drivers side box as well if you have one check it. Besides that Starter or maybe you just melted something. Sorry don´t know much about your engine

#7 ·
Glad to see that you are still alive man....though you dropped off the face of the Earth there!

Well...i found and fixed the problem

The headlights are on a separate circuit than the rest of the vehicles functions.

What happened was..

My Battery died from being drained all weekend.

So when I tried to jump it (i was inside at the igniton and my dad was connecting the jumpers)

It must have arced and made a surge that fried the 100A main fuse.

So the fuse blew after i had already checked it the first time.

I just by-passed that fuse to see what would happen...and Tada!!!! ....it started!!

So now i got a new 100A in there and everything is back to normal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.