FEOA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 ZX2 2.0 Manual

I began having trouble with my car, it began to start jerking back and forth, it would get past the jerking when i hit around 50 mph and then begin again at around 60 mph.

It would not do it all the time, after i let it sit the next day it would drive fine for a short time and then it would start to jerk violently again. During this time if you were to let of the gas the car would usually die at intersections for example.

After i took it in to firestone they gave me a ton of read outs and gave me several things that the codes said could be wrong.

I could not afford to just start swapping parts so i was going to check myself, my father is very mechanical but not up to date with all the new electronics.

After a while the car died and would not start again, hauled it to mechanic and they could not figure it out they got it to start once after changing timing belt but would not stay running.

Please help i want my car back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I no longer have these codes i am sorry, after he cleared the codes they did not recieve the codes again, i remember most of them were about timing.

it gave me PCM, timing retarded and a few others.

I am suspecting that it is possibly the PCM or maybe the CKP or CMP or ignition coil. (sigh) i realize it is not alot to go on but i am looking for a direction to follow.

If this is not enough i can just drop the topic, i was hoping someone could lend a hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts