FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LX with a 2.0 SPI does not strat at all. Its an electrical problem because its not even turning over.

If I pull the cooling fan relay and jump rthe battery with the ignition on it wilkl start. So the starter is working. I then used a multimeter a=nd tested the Ignition switch and it has 12 volts. So that seems fine. Only other thing I could think of was the Clutch Safety switch. I unplug that and bypass it and the car fires up. It did all day yesterday. Untill I went to piuck someone up to go out for dinner. It doesn't start. Now I've been havinbg to pop teh hood and jump it to start it.
I found the problem and it seemed to eb fine but now its not starting at all.

Does anyone know what the problem is???

John

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Alright John, you need to remove the steering column bezeling to gain access to the ignition switch. Follow the key switch all the way to the back, at the back of the lock assembly is a plastic switch. This is the ignition switch. Trace the black/blue wire from the CSS up to the ignition switch. Reconnect the clutch switch. Put 12V from the battery, or from one of the 2 large black/red wires going to the switch, to the wire you just traced from the CSS. If it starts every time, which I'm sure it will, your ignition switch is f-ed.

Matt 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts