FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. IF i go up someone with a single cab truck in stereo competition do they have an advantage since the subs are closer to the front? my friend has 4 tens with like 600w I think and I have 2 15' with about 1100w is there anyway to test them fairly? I have some dynomat he doesnt and mine hatchback

2. How much would a box built to the right specifications beat a generic box, speaking and the gaining od Db

Ah one more on my amps there 2 setting hz and bass boost I want my subs to subs to hit harder so what should I adjust, I only have both maybe halfway

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
depends on what subs u have whats the max hz per sub bass boost only turn it up halfway the truck would be in a difrent class you would be in a class with ppl that have 1 amp 2 subs and are in a hatchback i think

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 california profile 600w amps
2 memphis m class 15's in a sealed box
2 pioneer 220w 6 1/2 front speaker and stock rears witha pioneer headunits not sure what model

hes running pionner head unit 2 planey audio 300w amps and 2 planet audio m2 10's, I have 2 planey audio m2 12's in a ported box that would probably get more base, I might just have to try tomorrow. I use to have them with one of my amps but then I got the 15's never tried the 2 tweleves with both amps but the 5's have cripser/clearer base mostly because of the sealed box. Which should I try? the 2 12's for comptetion since its a ported box.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
well you amps are 600rms x 1 @ 4 ohms right
or you 15's are 200rms subs right your amps are more then enuff to power them

600rms = 1200 watts i think 200rms is about 400 watts you could probly run both 15's off one of them amps 2 of your subs = 400rms 800watts max

my 15's are 1200watts max each that 2400watts my amp is 2000watts its always better to under power your subs then run to much wattage to them

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i dont know if your amp is 4ohm or 2 ohm bridged play your system with 1 15 per amp then try runing your 15's off one amp see whats better i had a ca1200 like 2 years ago and 2 15" mtx thunder5000's and slamed hard

dont know try and tell me what you think sounds better my amp was over $900+ or something when it was around they dont make or sell my amp anymore

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I think 2 would be better then one because its double the power I have 1 pushing each sub right now. i removed one id lose like 550w.im just thinking my 2 12's would be better for comptetition since its in a ported box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts