FEOA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning trying to start the car the radiator fan started as soon as I put the key on and the ENGINE SERVICE SOON light flickering fast. Engine was turning normally but did not start.
This morning I tried again with same results.After couple of minutes the engine started normally as nothing happened. What could be wrong ?? My first thought was the fuel pump but sims to be something else.

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
as mentioned, check for codes. The way you say it later started sounds like you have a ground issue.

·
Super Moderator
7,630 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the OBDII but there was no fault code.I cleaned some ground connections and now I'm waiting to see if the problem will come back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After almost 2 weeks of working on the car(oil pan gasket,steering pump line leaking,ball joint and head cover gasket) finally today I was ready to start the car when crank,crank crank and nothing.The fuel pump is priming but there's no spark at the plug. What could be the problem ???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Solved the problem by towing the car to the mechanic.He found a bad Crankshaft Pulse Sensor. The part was about 50 bucks and labor 200 :-( :-( :-(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Again this car is giving me a hard time. This afternoon on my way back from work all of a sudden it starts hesitating badly(engine cold) and dying when I was accelerating.The idle seemed to be alright and also there was a strong smell of sulphur or rotten eggs coming out.After the engine got warm the problems disappeared and I was able to make it home safely. Any idea what could be wrong this time ???

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Whenever the CEL BLINKS, I'm 90% sure it means that the problem it is sensing is capable of destroying the cat. That smell was probably some funk burning off from before it was fixed. Or your cat is dead.
I don't know if that applies to when the engine isn't running.........

But a cooling fan being on could mean your engine doesn't know what temperature it is too. But that would probably throw it's own CEL.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
My Navigator's CEL went nuts blinking when I had a bad coil pack and it was running on 7 cylinders @ 70mph. So you might be right.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When turning the key in something was clicking and the radiator fan went off.It wasn't to hard to find where the clicking was coming from.Replaced the PCM and never had the problem again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts