FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some help finding the PCV valve on a 1998 2.0 DOHC. A picture pointing out where it is would be great. I would also appreciate any tips on how to replace it. I have tried to pull on some hoses in the front of the engine, but nothing is coming loose. There are a few hoses up there at different levels and I am really not sure which is the correct hose. The car sounds like it's screaming and really needs the new filter soon.

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
(this is all from memory, but I believe this is correct)

standing in front of the engine bay, look down in front of the motor, just to the side of the exhaust mani. You should see the PCV valve.

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
it has taken me a while to find a decent pic to show the location... this is the best I could find. Look where the breather filter is mounted to a tube forward and to the right of the exhaust ports. There should be a tube attached, instead of a breather, and the PCV attaches to that tube.

· Registered
677 Posts

Inside the white circle is the pcv valve and elbow. If you elbow looks like this one replace it with the valve.

· Banhammer available, no waiting!
760 Posts
jay92gt said:

Inside the white circle is the pcv valve and elbow. If you elbow looks like this one replace it with the valve.
Do all the year model ZX2's have the PCV in the same location?

· Super Moderator
5,987 Posts
rascal said:
jay92gt said:

Do all the year model ZX2's have the PCV in the same location?
yes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.