FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well... i am swapping the tranny... just blew the old 1.9s up, just making sure the axles will fit. is there a way to change out the electronic speed sender with the 1.9s mechanical one? or will i have to swap gauge clusters?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
youre going to have one hell of a problem when you go to fit that tranny up to the engine.

the 2.0 trans has a larger input shaft than the 1.9 trans. what does this mean? you can use a 2.0 tranny, but you also need the flywheel and clutch assembly.

(im assuming its a 5psd)

if this is an autotragic we're talking about.. id make sure that the input shaft is still the same size and the the torque converters are interchangable... you may need more parts than you think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no problem... i did the 2.0 swap a couple months ago... now the 1.9 5spd tranny went, so im gonna put the 2.0 in. i already got the 2.0 flywheel, axles, and 5spd tranny, just need to buy a new clutch. should be good.. nething else ya think i need? and ne suggestions about the speedo sender?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok... the vss out of the 2nd gen does not fit the 3rd tranny.. its to long. i even tried swapping the gears which didnt help at all. i guess this means im gonna have to buy a stand alone speedometer or do a gauge cluster swap. funds are really limited (which is why its takin me so long).. i need some suggestions please....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts