FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://user.tninet.se/~ecf599g/aardasna ... index.html

just open up a browser window and let it run. it takes up hardly any computer resources, and once the program is running you don't have to be online. just let the browser window sit there, i leave mine minimized. i am up to 7 letters so far. let's see if we can take the best results list. i'm gonna leave this running as long as i possibly can.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well, I pulled the applet tag out and made a very simple web page, containing only the applet and put the html file on my server here at work. Now the applet will be running for a month or two straight without stopping (the server rarely needs rebooting, ahh, the joys of being a sys-admin).

I think I'll win. Though I will have to move the server next week. Oh well, my time will start then.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hah, sweet. how often you gonna check it to see if you are above the record? i'd say every few days. just make sure you submit it. heh i wanna see like 100 letters from you!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well, I'm actually now running 50 (yes, 50) instances of the applet on my server, and as of this morning, one of them was (and still is) at 9, so I sent it in. Now we just have to wait and see if I was the first one to send it in.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well, it's got dual PIII 500MHz processors and 4GB of RAM, running on NT4, and I've not noticed any lag in performance from the machine.

As far as I've seen, IE uses up to about 20% of the processor power, but actually drops a bit (to about 5%) when the system needs it for something.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right on, keep us posted as to how you are doing. so far 8 is my highest letter combination for all of my top 5.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well, I had to move the server this morning, so I had to start over. Oh well, starting now, though, the pages will be up for what should be about a month straight, if not longer. Unless Gates' team finds something else wrong with NT4 that I have to patch.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, anymore over 8? i'm stuck at 8 right now. i wanna kick these fricken monkies!!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well, from sitting over the weekend, there were none left at 7, all were 8 or higher.

There were I think like 8 or 9 at 9, and that was the highest.

Right now, 21 out of the 50 running are at 8, with the rest at 7. I hope to have at least one at 10 before the end of the week.

Hey, you think it would help to decompile the applet, remove the timer to make it run faster, then recompile and run it? It would probably run more like a week per second instead of a day per second, though I guess that would be cheating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts