FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Took out my distributor to get the TFI mod started, and noticed a lot of oil residue behind the distributor. I know I have a valve cover gasket leak, but is there also a cam seal at the distributor end that could be leaking? Don't have a good light to check in there and the car can't be moved at the moment to somewhere where there IS enough light to see.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that's what I thought, too. Bought a reman'd distributor and I know all the seals are good there. Guess I'll just start with the valve cover gasket. Maybe it's just leaking worse than I thought.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
If I can find them, I know I have a couple spare valve cover gaskets if you want one. One was mildy used, the other is brand new. Both are blue silicone.

Yeah, the large O-ring is the rear cam seal. Where behind the distro? After the O-ring, or before it? The ring itself is located almost at the mounting ears. If it's old and compressed you might think it's just black plastic (it hardens after a while if it's not nitrile or silicone).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New distributor, new o-ring at the base of it near the ears. If that is indeed that cam seal, then good. I just need a valve cover gasket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts