FEOA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LMAO, is my state the only one that sucks this bad or what? :lol: I hope they raise taxes 10%. That would be hilarious. I'd consider it worth it just to see the looks on all my fellow Californians' faces. It would be just desert for all the people not complaining when the state went on a spending spree but voting down all new taxes when the bill comes due. The fiddler has played... California danced... now time to pay the man. None of this climbing out the window to avoid paying for a meal bs. It's high time California took some responsibility for it's actions. This is the real world. When you spend money, you have to pay it back. If I have to pay off my credit card bills, Californians will have to pay off the state debt.

P.S. I estimate the shortfall is about $2,000 for each working adult... or in other words, a 33% increase in state income tax this year. ;) Of course this doesn't have to be paid back immediately, but it would certainly be an eye-opener to seriously suggest it.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not kidding, reading the local news here is a like watching a soap opera. You can't make this sh!t up. We have the Terminator for a governor and he called the nursing union a bunch of girly men and told them to quit whining. Every single time a budget is voted for, it's always along partisan lines. I can't remember the last time anyone agreed on anything more than the color of the sky... and even that is sometimes disagreed upon I'm sure.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I take back the joke about them not even agreeing on the color of sky. Apparently the smog is so bad in Los Angeles the sky really is permanently brown.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If the gov't sent me an IOU, I wouldn't pay my taxes ever again. Or at least not until they sent me my money.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Nihil said:
If the gov't sent me an IOU, I wouldn't pay my taxes ever again. Or at least not until they sent me my money.
Ding! Screw them on that one..... As a matter of fact, i'd go and get a job that you don't fill out a W2 for, and bank like crazy, and tell them to get bent when they come after you.

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
They need to sut out all their welfare programs. That will get them a balanced budget. Somehow I don't expect a state that would elect Nancy Pelosi to do that though.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
As long as they all stay in Cali and out of my state.
Damn, that place can't fall in the ocean fast enough.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts