FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, 95 gt 1.8

burns crazy oil, like a quart a month maybe more maybe less. I can smelll it sometimes when the heat is n, what causes this and how can i fix it?

Second, i smell gas threw the heater when i fill up but dont smell it after it goes below half tank and im going threw gas crazy, i am arare that the gasket or locking ring around the sending unit in the back is leaking but i never fill it over 3/4 so it doesnt leak anymore but can still smell it. Any ideas guys?

Thanks

· Registered
2,538 Posts
the gasket around the locking ring NEEDS to be replaced. the most dangerous part about fuel is the fumes, the fumes are what's flammable. It's really easy to replace as well, I had to do it to mine when I got it.

the oil, probably going to need an engine rebuild to fix it. it's either the piston rings, or the valve stem seals.

· Registered
2,327 Posts
i need this done to(the oil rings) mine burns oil whenever you ROMP in it hard, 3 days ago i put in some oil to top up and already after a night if sitting it tix for a minute. either you need to re-do the rings or like Silverton said rebuilt the motor or the stem seals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.