FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a new front bumper today for cheap, since mine was pushed in and cracked.

It took us an hour, because i also had to remove the coolant tank, the airbox, headlights, and grille.

So it looks like i didnt have to take the bolts out of the side, right? it looks like you just unbolt them at the bracket, and it slides off?

also the bumper is uneven, would this be the bumper? or is there a bent bracket?

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Yeah... you don't have to take all that stuff out to remove the bumper lol. There are like between 4 and 6 nuts to remove which hold the bumper to the core support and it slides right off.

The bolts in the side are not to be removed either. They just serve to align/secure the bumper to the sides.

The new bumper is uneven because the core support is likely all bent up. My car is the same way. I even had a collision shop straighten my frame rails but the core support is still so misshapen that the bumper remains uneven.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my core support is fine, the bumper was pushed in a little, but only an inch, like someone hit a pole at 5 mph, it wouldnt of been enough to damage the cor support, i wonder if the bumoer bracket got bent? because there is a gap under the headlight on the drivers side about a half inch, and a gap near the fender where the bumper meets.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Could have... mine were/are bent too. Couldn't hurt to pull the bumper back off and check them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts