FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother got from his gf a pioneer deh-3600 and he installed a little 88 watt external amp and i told him imma run his speakers to the 50x4 head unit itself. so i d/c the rcas and the speakers and try to wire up the speakers to the head units channels. they dont produce sound and also make a weird pop when you try lots of channels. do you think he should return it? i think his internal amp is f-ed up and told him to return it to walmart. any help? merry chrismas everybody and also, i explained Ohms law to my mom :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
680 Posts
You have alternator noise coming thru.If you wired them thru the amp you need to make sure you run them oposite sides than the power wires and that you have a good clean ground for the amp.You also want to make sure that you wired the speakers and power cables correctly from the stock harness to the new deck.If they arent wired right or you bunched a few of them you would get the popping sound.If the decks internal signal booster isnt working you wouldnt hear the popping.It would also be a good idea to use a inline noise filter.Could be bought at radio shack for 15 bucks.Here is a website is all wiring diagrams for all cars.

http://www.the12volt.com

They have great info on all car audio and security systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts