FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
You might get lucky by welding a nut to the bolt, fill the nut with weld and sand/grind it down to make it look like a bolt is there. Or you can use the same nut to brake the bolt free. You may have to weld the nut back on a few times to get it out all the way.

As for your question on the bolt size and threading, @1982 EXPert might know that. But If I had to guess its ether 1/2 or m13

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey hold up right now! Don't try anything yet, remove the entire mount form the car AND engine, on these 81-83 mounts that rear "bolt" is a stud that I recall is pressed into the bottom piece (from the top) then encapsulated by a nut on both ends.

Simply welding onto the end or trying an easy out then reefing on it will break tools or worse, destroy that mount.
Wait pull the motor? that's easy for you to say. lol. I'm guessing he could put a jack or transmission stand under the motor and not have to pull it all together ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Correct, I meant remove the mount from the block and car, the engine can remain suspended via method of your choosing. Good time to lower it a bunch to do the timing belt haha
Ho, now that makes more since. pulling a motor all together for a stud seems like a lot of work, but it would not be the first teim a car maker mad a job hard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts