FEOA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I was replacing the fuel filter for the first time and of course like you would imagine, I broke the fitting right where the retainer clip goes through on one side. I asked the guys at autozone if I would need some sort of ford quick connect removal tool and they said nah... should just pull off.

Most of the repairs I've seen have people running an entirely new line, but this wasn't Ford based repairs either... I noticed that Dorman have what they call a "Nylon Repair Kit" similar to something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GS33Q8...XYD5S21&tag=shopzilla_rev_123-20&linkCode=asn

In any event, I'm having a real time finding the EXACT type of fitting that is currently on my vehicle and just need a substitution.. Even though the part where the retainer clip is in is broken, it still stays on.. doesn't appear to be any leaks at the moment or anything... but I still feel like this maybe a safety hazard...

·
Registered
461 Posts
The clip is there for a reason and it should be fixed. Pressures can raise and pop the thing out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts