FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okies...I have a 2nd Gen LX and i want a GT grill. I went to the auto wreckers and i found one! It was the exact color of my car too! But the only thing is, that on one of the sides of the grill,the mounting brackets (pins.....etc) were broken off. And it´s the only one i could find locally..and i´ve look, trust me. I don´t wanna go and get one off of Ebay cause the exchange rate and shipping and handling will be murder...can anybody suggest a how to successfully install this grill? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If you can take pics of the grille and whats wrong with it, I´m sure I can help you. I´m very familiar with the grill/headlight area after doing the BMW headlight mod to my EGT.

And yes I agree with you. I´d rather have a broken GT grille that´s the same color and with the emblem then having to start from scratch with a raw blank off of ebay.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...well..hmm....i guess if i buy it, it won´t be too expensive...but i wanna describe it to you first. Okay, you know how the grills have three sets of mounting clips: Top, Left and right. Well the top and left (or right, depends how you look at it) is gone.....so there´s only one set of mounting clips left.....other than that, the grill is in good condition....with emblem attached

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Actually, there´s 5 mounting clips (at least on mine there is) I removed the center one so the grille would come in and out easier. This has been helpful when I removed the ford emblem and bondo´d, primered and painted it. As long as at least 2 clips in there it should fit on there right...but it´s all a matter of how easily you get annoyed by the little things... :-?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea...i gues you´r right, two clips on the left, two on the right and one in the top/centre. Theres only two clips on one side....that still leaves two that i need....help???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts