FEOA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(drvers side only) while light braking I am getting a creak...creak...noise like a rocking chair, not a steady noise like grinding. now at same time I can also feel like a dunt, dunt , dunt type feeling in brake pedal and in my driver seat.

not under heavy braking or driving. normal driving no wobble or pull or anytime a feeling in steering wheel.

pulled wheel yesterday nothing is loose, pads are good. when i push down on car shock seems good. only thing can spot is rubber bushings are shot on the end of a metal arm that conects to a 3-4 inch post on the a-arm below front axle

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
What year of wagon is it? Might help get answers.
It might be your left front rotor has warped, but you usually feel a twitch in the steering with that.
I;d try lubing the slider pins on the caliper and seeing if I could find any run out on the rotor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BRAKING ISSUE ON 97 WAGON

TOOK WHEEL OFF, BALL JOINT AND ALL CONECTIONS SEEM TIGHT NO PLAY IN WHEEL FROM LEFT RIGHT OR TOP BOTTOM.

ONLY THING I CAN SPOT IS RUBBER PEICES ON SWAY BAR END ARE WORN OUT. NO WOBBLE OR SHAKE WHILE DRIVING.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd pull the rear drums and probably do a rear brake job. pack the bearings and turn the drums too. front end issues usually can be felt in the steering wheel. rear end, felt through the seat. you do make it sound like it is brake related. are there still issues when braking more firmly? or just light braking?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THE SLIDERS ON BRAKES WERE BONE DRY

GREASED THEM UP AND NOW ITS BEEN GOOD TO GO!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HINTS AND TIPS, ESPECIALLY FORDMAN

HE KNOWS HIS STUFF.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GREASED UP THE ROTORS NOW I MAKE MY DELIVERIES MUCH QUICKER

NO, FOUND THE SLIDERS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE CALIPER RUSTY ABD DRY.

SANDED THEM AND GAVE EM FRESH GREASE, NOW THERES NO DUNT DUNT DUNT, AND BRAKIN IS SMOOTH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts