FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does this mean that my rear drums are worn out?

My parking brake has no pull whatsoever

It used to come on as I took of a little bit fast, now it is beggining to come on all the time.

Could you please advise as to what this could be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
yeah this is simple...

pull off the plastic housing around the handbrake. There are a couple screws on the sides that you need to take off and then the thing pulls up.

Under that you'll see the handbrake inner workings, and you'll see a single wire attached to a small metal washer. This is basically the ground for the circuit that trips the "brake!" light. All that's happening is that your ebrake handle is jigglign up and down and grounding the circuit. Just take the necessary steps... you can disconnect the circuit altogether if you want...

·
Registered
297 Posts
another thought...

check your brake fluid level. the light is designed to tell you a few things, one of them being loss of pressure due to lack of fluid. another, as sirigan said, is if the parking brake is still on. good luck.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
bpletch1 said:
another thought...

check your brake fluid level. the light is designed to tell you a few things, one of them being loss of pressure due to lack of fluid. another, as sirigan said, is if the parking brake is still on. good luck.
That happended to me when i first got my scort when i would take off the light would come on i put more fluid in it and i havent seen the light come on since then(except when i would yank the e-brake at 40 MPH) :twisted:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
level gets to low ...light comes on. its like magic or something!
Heh.. my "check coolant" has come on twice in the past week. It doesn't go off until you restart the car, so it certainly got my attention.

Thing is, it's come on from parking in the same spot in my friend's driveway. He lives at the top of a mountain, so the climb up gets the coolant a little warm each time before I park it. The temp gauge barely moves, but the full throttle + 'high revs' for 2 minutes straight means that the coolant in the block is getting hotter than normal. I'm assuming this, combined with parking on a slight grade is what has caused the light to come on... my level is fine when I've checked it.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Are you talking about the light on your deash, or the light on the "info center" (the part that has all the LEDs to tell you when you fuel is low or your washer fluid is low)???? If it is on the dash then it is a brake problem, if it is on the Info Center check your brake lights. One might be burnt out. If not don't worry about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.