FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
what?! are you serious?!?! every neon i encounter, has an exhaust. and every neon i encounter with an exhaust, sounds like a coffee can fart machine!! it's rediculous!! then again, maybe peple in canada know a thing or two on how to properly modify a neon. hmmmm.... *rubs chin*

90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nukewater, you wouldn't remember what muffer it was by chance would you. I know borla doesnt make a complete exhaust but ill probably get a muffler and a highflow cat and have my buddy bend me one. i was thinking about a magnaflow high flow cat, got one on my lumina works great, but dont know what muffler would sound good. what about flowmaster?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
flowmaster + ANY 4cyl = the worst sound you can possibly imagine.

I took a liking to the system I used to have using no cat, no resonator, and 2 in-line Dynomax Race Bullets. This is definately too loud for 98% of the crowd on here, but with a cat, it would have been signifigantly quieter. GT's hate backpressure, so whatever you get, make sure it's a straight-through design.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=WLK-24215 <3 ~ 143

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I resent that comment about Flowmasters and 4 Cyl engines Tito, I have a Flowmaster 50 Series and it sounds good once the engine warms up. albeit at high RPMs it still gets a bit of rattle, which I think is actually due to my Cat getting old and losig bits of catalyst, it sounds pretty good IMO. but thats also just personal preference. I also got it because I don't like big exhaust tips and they were one of the few types that could get a tip that was near stock appearance at the shop my exhaust was done at.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
If I could record it I would but I don't have good equipment that would get the true sound. maybe if ur ever out in Cali you could stop by, or if I'm ever out in Virginia.

Maybe I'll try to find someone with some better recording equipment and post a soundbyte up online somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts