FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I don´t think any vehicle ever came with adj. coilovers......ever!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew that! But you Know that most of these guys have insurance or money so when they wreck em they just walk away.Unlike myself, I´ll take almost every useable part, the scrap dealer doesn´t like me very much cause I buy them from tow auctions and leave him the roof and quarters.Maybe even a set of bald tires on the back so he can tow it but usually he knows to bring his flat bed.ha ha ha ha.But I was wondering what would work best?

·
Registered
47 Posts
It´s worth looking, for sure. I know one of the yards near me has a gen2 turbo RX7 with a LOT of high end suspension pieces. I think if I had one of those cars, I would have stripped that particular one clean by now. I guess if you´re going to find coilovers at the yard, the will most likey be aftermarket. If this is the case, a cheap measuring caliper would be handy so you could measure the strut/shock body diameter to see if the threaded collars will fit yours.

BTW, the ZX2 S/R came optional with adjustable ahocks and coilovers from the factory.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went trudging through a muddy junk yard and I thought I hit the jackpot a lowered 90 something rx7 looked under it to see the springs were heated so bad that most of the coils were touching what a ride.The only thing that was absorbing any thing was the tires.But I did find an 88EGT that was accidentally put through the tumble cycle.Ther´re pullin the motor for me in the mornin!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
im not sure if i am getting this right but can you put stuff from an rx7 on a 2nd gen egt? If so what sort of stuff would be worth taking off the rx7 and putting on a egt.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
if you find an RX7 try to grab the VAF adapter for a conical filter. They´re useful. Uhmm.. shift knob, boot, maybe seats if its a turbo II, they´re nice seats.

89-92 RX7 non-turbo fuel injectors (460cc). If you find some let me know, I´ll send you a few bucks and stuff.

93+ fuel pump, oooooh yeah.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts