FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking to see if this is easily done , ive heard about someone using a 5bolt protege front spindle assy. and a mx6 rear sub frame.

would these even fit ? i havent been able to view the protege's spindles but the mx6 rear sub frame appears to be a true bolt up set.

anyone got any in put on this?

· Registered
796 Posts
1st gen probe and MX6 (late 80s early 90s) front knuckles bolt on no problem as for the rear, after a bunch of research I have suspicions that a 3rd gen protege rear hub/bearing will bolt right up, but i have yet to confirm..

as far as MX6 rear subframe, I have yet to hear of/see that...

· Registered
5,164 Posts
94scortlx19 said:
1st gen probe and MX6 (late 80s early 90s) front knuckles bolt on no problem as for the rear, after a bunch of research I have suspicions that a 3rd gen protege rear hub/bearing will bolt right up, but i have yet to confirm..

as far as MX6 rear subframe, I have yet to hear of/see that...
I assume the splining must be the same at the hub. Would it change the steering geometry? Meaning are the tie rod end same fit and location? What ball joint would you use? Are the brakes bigger? Not planning on changing my rims out, just curious...tis interesting.

· Registered
771 Posts
very interesting, cuz call me crazy, but i want some ford aerostar/freestar wheels (i forget which exact model theyre from, but they are sexy) :)

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,978 Posts
Arostar wheels would probably fit with that setup but Windstar/Freestar wheels won't. The Mazda hubs use a 5X114.3 pattern and the Windstar/Freestar uses 5X108.

· Registered
771 Posts

· Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm ok , i was lookin at doing some bigger brakes but i was also after the mazda speed rims :wink:

BP-T in a LX chassis is cool an all but .....um .... the LX Brakes have GOTTA go! :morons:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.