FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I tried searching for the answer but alot oof threads dont seem to speak of it becuase it involves the whole older motor in a newer car thing. My 2.0 started making a hellacious rapping noise while driving and lost power then stalled. Im under the impression a valve seat dropped. I have a 1.9 motor in my shed and was pretty sure it bolts into my 97 spi. I have a automatic trans and am just simply wanting to know if I can remove the entire 2.0 and drop in a 1.9, and if any parts needed a list of it and maybe wether this is a relatively easy swap or not. Does everything plug up etc. Do I need any other 1.9 parts etc. Thank you, even a link to this info would be great. Thanks

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
if the 1.9L is out of a 96, then most of the stuff will plug up. Why would you want to put an engine with 22 less HP in though? SPI's are cheap in the junk yards. My buddy has a ~120k mile 97 SPI engine for sale for $150 right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.