FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my a/c blower motor started acting up. It's very hot and humid here in Miami so I'd like to fix it soon. I already have the relay bypassed from the low pressure switch straight to the compressor, and it works fine. But now, the blower started getting weak through the vents and then stopped altogether. At first I thought it was a resistor or blower motor issue but then I heard the blower working hard but no air coming from ANY of the vents. After sitting overnight, starts working again but the blower starts weakening on and off. Confussing... any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,065 Posts
Sounds like your evaporator coil is freezing up. How exactly did you rewire the A/C? If you left the low pressure switch out of the circuit then the compressor is over-cooling the evaporator causing ice to form on it and block air flow.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the plastic blower fan is striped causing the motor to spin but the fan itself not to move.

Something either isn't working or there is a blockage somewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will attempt to lower the temp setting to confirm this. I wired it according to the writeup on this forum, straight from the compressor to the switch by the windshield fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,065 Posts
The temp setting doesn't have any bearing on how the compressor operates. It just opens and closes the blend door. All air passes through the evaporator no matter what the setting you have it on.

Here is a diagram of the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.