FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turning signal stop working … both of them …….when I flip the turning signal … up or down nothing happens’; not even the little arrows inside light up … mmm any ideas ?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Check the flasher unit. It will be under the dash somewhere near the relays. It's usually a round canister. Never had to change mine yet, so that's as specific as I get.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I'm with matt, my brother has a Ranger, his did the same thing...only when he replaced the flasher, IT wasn't the specific problem. He just needed to clean the contacts. He had a ground fault somewhere and once he did that they started working again.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I check the flasher unit, it looks good. But I' guess I'll try to replace it.. Any idea of the cost? .. Also the fuses look fine......

I have to fix this soon before I go to jail :D Speeding is one thing but.. :p NO signaling ... 8O

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You can usually pick up a generic flasher relay at an auto parts chain for about $10. It may make a different sound and the flashes might change in speed, but it should plug right in and work anyway.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
DreamLand said:
I check the flasher unit, it looks good. But I' guess I'll try to replace it.. Any idea of the cost? .. Also the fuses look fine......

I have to fix this soon before I go to jail :D Speeding is one thing but.. :p NO signaling ... 8O
No one ever taught you how to signla with your arm??

Extend your arm straight out, thats left.

Extend your arm out and up, that's right.

:wink:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to the ford dealer ship, they price the blinker rely at $!00 dollar Canadian.. I laughed and left :D anyhow.. there is only one GT in this secret junk yard I know of. :p sooo I got all the relies for $25 :D

anyhow.. ITS BLINKS NOW !!! ahahhaa

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
James92Scort said:
DreamLand said:

No one ever taught you how to signla with your arm??

Extend your arm straight out, thats left.

Extend your arm out and up, that's right.

:wink:
Sorry - just had to comment. I thought just for a moment that you had taken leave of your senses but, of course, you drive on the right!! :oops: :D I'd need one hellava long arm to do it your way!! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts