FEOA Forums banner

Big problems......

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Skuce 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I just upgraded to a hifonics bx1000d, and an s12L7. My trunk is flexing about an inch off of its hinges, and my electrical system is dimming so bad I think the car is about to stall. All this, and im still under half gain. Any ideas to fix the 2 issues? Im going to do the Big 3 upgrade today, see if it helps any. HO alternator? Who makes them for the 3rd gens?

#3 ·
yup, capacitor should help with the dimming. sorry, I don't know who makes HO alternators for the 3G's, I still need one for my 2G... and as far as the flex goes.... I have no clue, I would think throw down some damper to reduce teh vibration, but it sounds more like extreme pressure than just standard vibration...

#4 ·
have you upgraded your battery yet? if its stock that is 75% of your problem. go out and get a yellow top optima. if that doesn't fix it stup up to a BatCap400 its one of the best smaller caps out there and is alot easier to mount then a round cap. seems its like a mini battery.

NEUMAN

#7 ·
I was having that problem too, so I got a cap, and it seems to be going fine! as for the trunk flex, is it a ported box??? I'm guessing it is, but if not, give one of them a try. As for the other stuff, can you move the latch in a 3rd Gen (like we do in the 2nd Gens to reduce vibrations)??? Cause I'd try that also. Ummmmmm, other than that, I'm not too sure! But the smart ass side of me says drill some holes in the trunk to allow air to flow outside of the car to stop the flex.

#9 ·
Ok...first off

You need a HO alternator (just go to an Alty shop and ask them to rewind your stock one to a higher output)
A cap won't help you since it will only fire once....then it will be back up to the Alternator to fill the cap at the same time as driving your amp.
A higher CCA battery is a good idea....BUT again....the Alternator is going to have to charge it also when your system is sucking back more power than is being made.

*Note. Saw one guy at a car show that had his system running at the same time as the Car was running. That didn't save him because he had completly drained his battery because he was taking more power than the alternator could supply to the system and the battery.

It was really funny seeing him all cocky all day....then seeing him go around asking for a Jump...and nobody would give him one
:roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.