FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got my new exhuast yesterday. My catalytic converter "blew up", so I hacksawwed off the exhaust and rolled around running a straight header for a day. Loud.

I reused the cat that blew up (i took a knife and pick and emptied it out first, of course) so that it will pass inspection. (So it looks like i have a cat). The back of the cat is 2 1/4", so we bumped that up to 2 1/2 and ran that threw 2 of these mufflers above. No resonator, no cat, 2 of those "mufflers". It's not as loud as I expected, but does have some nasty annoying resonation cruising down the highway. It never gets the "fartcan rasp" to it though, sounds pretty good all the way through the powerband.

All in all, the 1.8's HATE backpressure. The difference is night and day.. didn't lose very much low end torque, but it SCREAMS past 4000.

Best part of all, my friend just got a job with Big Al's, so I got the whole setup for about $140. (It'd be about $240 for the average guy)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, i would like to get my exhaust system i ordered some day, but since it hasnt been worked on since the 9th i dont think it is going to be any time soon! :evil:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.