FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
You might want to have a shop check the head for a crack. On my 86, the gasket looked ok and it turned out to be the head. My 92 also started missing and smoking antifreeze during start-up. So I added Barrs-leak to the radiator twice and hav'nt had a problem since last winter. That's another head probably waiting to let loose.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah a shop has looked at it. they said it would need a new motor(the best thing for it). I think I'm just gonna part it out. I don't know if anybody wants any of this stuff though. Most items in the engine bay are brand new. new radiator, alternator, brake booster, master cylinder, front brake lines, more just can't remember right now.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats just what they said. I don't really pay attention to mechanics though. I've been driving it since and as long as I keep filling it with water it just might get me through christmas(might be getting more tools for my motor swap on my MR2--plus money for motor!)

· Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I have found the stock HG to be pretty damn strong. (assuming you have a CVH motor)
If you have had any kind of over heating problems I'd bet you have a cracked head. Just go to the junk yard and pick up a new one and slap it on.

· Registered
1,635 Posts
BHG - Big Huge Gastank? why do you need to replace the motor for that? just put in a sweet 10-gal fuel cell, and call it a day! You should fix it ASAP, probably using a BFH. Wouldn't hurt to toss back a couple cans of MGD while you're at it, just remember to not get a DUI. Of course, you wouldn't, since right now your car is DOA, and will go exactly 0 MPH. So STFU, RTFM, and fix it!!

:)

--sarge

· Registered
688 Posts
SgtRauksauff said:
BHG - Big Huge Gastank? why do you need to replace the motor for that? just put in a sweet 10-gal fuel cell, and call it a day! You should fix it ASAP, probably using a BFH. Wouldn't hurt to toss back a couple cans of MGD while you're at it, just remember to not get a DUI. Of course, you wouldn't, since right now your car is DOA, and will go exactly 0 MPH. So STFU, RTFM, and fix it!!

:)

--sarge
lmao funniest thing ive ever heard sarge say

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.