FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've been working hard in the past weeks to restore my wagon's rusted shell and i'm now almost ready to repaint it.... My question is that i dont know what kind of paint to use to achieve the best possible job.

I know some people are using Stuff from 3M innovation, others are using House of Colors Products ( like the painter in Monster Garage Tv Show) and some are using PPG Platinum products...but in the end...i really don't know what kind of paint to look for...

Basicaly, I know that urethane based product are more efficient to prevent rust from forming again on metalized surfaces between under the paint, but still im lost when it comes to brands..

What products should i use for the best results when it comes to :

-Sandable Plastic Filler * stuff like bondo and such*
-Primer
-Paint
-Clear coating
- Paint thinner and paint hardener

Would also be a good idea to keep in mind that I don't like bad chemical reactions hehe as i would not like my paint to crack as the painting process goes on....

Tanks for your inputs, they are really appreciated and I'm sure they will be very usefull to me and to others :p I'll keep reading stuff on the Net but i'd like to have some advice from people who really know what they are doing....i've cheaply repaint some cars for my friends, but i'd like to get the best possible result for my car...since i'm the only one who really care about his car * in my circle of friend anyways*....
Tanks again
Max

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i think its poyeurathane, i can ask my neighbor, but basically its airplane piaint , its more expensive and not as easy to put on, but it wont chip and go nast like normal paint.
i mean my neighbors truck got hit int he front from a ladder ont he freeway, and the area dented, but no paint was missing. i think it runs around 600 gallon for the paint, and it didnt fade as easliy, he painted his truck and trailor, tralior with dupont, and boht sma ecolor, the trailor was defintly showing fade.

·
Registered
576 Posts
They sell some stuff that you put on the rust that elimate it, or more transforme it in metal :p You just put 2 layer and wait 24 hour, sand that after :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts