FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering which is a better quality intake, the weapon R or the CTA motorsports???im buying one right away and thought i'd check with you guys and your experiences. thanx!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm curious about intakes, too. does anyone have dyno sheets for any intake vs. stock? i suspect they don't do much at all. a few hp at the top end, maybe.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I do not know about the quality of the Weapon R intake, but I have the CTA Intake on my '94 GT, so I can tell you about that.

The good thing about CTA is that Chris will sell you and ship you what you need if you are going to use the intake with the RX7 VAF as I did.. :) What you have to watch out for though is the "Hose Clamps" that connect everything together. On two occations, I have had the rubber "Accordian" adapter between the two alluminium pipes come loose and the cas nearly stall off a light. I finally replaced the Hose Clamps with better ones that tighten from both sides and that solved the problem (at least for now).

Check out my Car Mod Journal for complete instructions on installing the CTA intake with the RX7 VAF mod...

You can also see pictures of the intake on my car here

MrVermin

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know that this does not answer the question that was originally asked, but it does refer to the topic. I put the K&N filtercharger on my 93 EGT and I love it. Also, heh2k, I don't have dyno numbers or anything, but I know that the intake that I put on did quite a bit more than "a few hp on the top end." Not only does my car excelerate quicker and smoother, it also sounds a lot meaner. (It will actually throw your head back a little bit in second gear at about 4000rpm's when you romp on it.) The only downside to the K&N is that it is really not designed for looks. The filter has crome hardware on it so it is not completely "ugly" but since it replaces the OEM filter and airbox, it doesn't have a real pretty intake pipe that goes into the throttlebody but that could be changed really easily. However, the shape and style of the filter leads me to believe that it will allow the most intake of air as well as the best filtration. Anyway, it may not be the cheapest kit to buy new, but it is also not the most expensive. And K&N has been doing it for quite a while, so they definitely have the experience. (BTW I don't work for K&N, nor do I know anyone who does.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts