FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming home at 1 in the morning from the city to my country house. Overall about a 30-35min. drive. I just make it to tthe outskirts of the city and i see a set of lights come flying up behind me on the expressway. I'm already at 75 but i downshift as the pass to keep up. Most to my dismay i look over and see a new Mustang gt. Its black and across the rear side window are the chalk numbers from a race. My stomach just about dropped but WTF why not have fun. We cruised from the city about to the exit for my house at nothing slower than 95. Downshifting to jump ahead and basically just messing around. I obviously had the weaker car (DUH!) but there was definately a mutual respect.
Still feeling hyped up iexit the expressway and come to a stoplight. This is usually a place for assholes to get a few cars ahead but also doubles as a fun strip. Only about 1/8 mile though! I swtop at the red light and look 0ver to seee a new chevy impala! Some kid is diving and revs up the engine i return the revs and the light turns green. ALmost instantly i got the lead. It only grew as i went through the gears and finally at the merge from 2 lanes to one i had 3/4 of a carlength lead. No one was coming from the direction so usualyy this would become a dangerous 2 lane race but the Ipala knew when he was beaten and punched the brakes.

this had to be the best drive home ever. its a 1/2 hour drive but tlast night i made it in 22minutes!

so add a chevy impala to the kill list!

DAVE
91EGT

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Good thing that Mustang didn't try that hard...you wouldn't have had a chance to catch up.

Those Impalas have that dreaded Series II 3.8L V6 in them, someone who doesn't know how to drive it can easily be taken. If he knew how to drive you would have been toast though. :wink:

Good kill.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
when you race in a 3.8 you mean Black??? pedal to the metal and don't let up. N/A 3.8s throw out 215-220 lb ft torque. No EGT can handle that, especially at highway speeds. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts