FEOA Forums banner

belt to chain?

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Beaverboy 
#1 ·
is there a way out there to be able to change the rubber timing belt to a chain belt so that you don´t have to worry about it breaking at all? the new Nissan Sentra SE-Rs have "no maintenance" chains on them.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
my belt did break, last spring....March 1st to be exact. that cost me 2000 total for all the work that was done to it because my BP is the only one that isn´t a non-interference engine apparently. I don´t want to go through that again.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
i dunno how it was interference, unless the "hometown" shop that did the work just basically fucked me over for $1000 they told me it was intereference (this was back before I found this place) and that it bent up two of my valves. so they sent the head off to a shop and had it reground, replaced to of the valves and the belt and reinstalled it. two weeks later the oil rings started, well, not working. so i took it back and they had to completely rebuild it again with new oil and compression rings. stupid shop. I will NEVER take my car to them again. I think they just thought it was an interference engine and just went ahead and did it. :-Y :-Y

Discussion starter · #15 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
10-02-2003 at 17:11, Beaverboy wrote:
You guys are scaring me! Why on earth would it take you a week to replace the belt? You cut your thumb off, got it surgically replaced and then let it heal before finishing right?
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Ok, I didn´t change my own belt...i took it to the shop and they told me my valves were bent up and conned me into doing more work than it should have had done to it. it took them a week to replace the belt because they sent the heads over to a shop to have them reground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.