FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i replaced my belt tensioner about a year ago and could only afford the cheapest one at autozone (DAYCO i believe), and since then it makes a really loud high pitch sound whenever i use m y a/c and when im at a stop light or traffic. ive been meaning to change it for an oem or a better brand. Should i just go with the oem motorcraft part or will a brand name like goodyear be good enough? any recommendations. i have a 99 zx2

· Registered
72 Posts
Are you positive it is the tensioner? What kind of shape is the belt in/when was it last replaced?

I only ask as I have random squealing somewhere as well and I have all new pulleys, belt, and tensioner and am curious to see if an off brand tensioner is the solution.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
While the belt is squealing, pour some water on the belt. If it goes away, you could just have a glazed belt. I suggest purchasing a belt(you most likely need one) Using tensioner tool, check for smooth movement and lateral play; spin and flex pulley to check bearing of the tensioner assembly. Check other pulleys for smooth operation. Address any in question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.