FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, an audio newb question, will using a battery charger affect the amps and subs in my car? or should i unhook(as in under the hood just to the terminals) everything and just charge the battery without it connected? I have 2 type Rs hooked up to an M2000 0/1 wiring with no cap. and a f300 amp for my speakers.
Other questions: I have not done the big 3, what are they again? My alternator is not keeping up with my subs, i havent had the car die but its idled pretty rough and gets better if i turn my equipment off. I eventually want to add a 3rd typeR which makes me think i'll need a better alternator. What do you guys suggest? And whats the average time it takes to switch one out? i drive a 99 SE Sport

· Registered
14 Posts
This is solely my opinion but i would suggest taking the battery out to not cause any issues in your system when you charge it.

Also if you plan on pushing a lot of power in your system try and get a dry cell / deep cylce with a higher rating. Also a higher amperage alternator.

Changing out the Alternator is very simple on these cars.

There is just 2 bolts one on the top and 1 on the bottom.
Then 3 connectors going to alternator.
Loosen the tension on the accessory belt tensioner
Should take 10 - 15min tops to change it out.

and Caps are a waste of money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.