FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Okay guys I need some help...this is what I need.

A Box for 1 Alphasonik 800series 10" for my 97 Sonoma std cab. Okay here's the biggest challenge. I'm 6'2" and like having my seat back all the way...so I'm putting the sub behind the pass seat, but my amps cover about 60" of space behind the seat. My cab has a 60/40 split bench and the 2amps cover all the way from the driver door to behind the armrest.
so I'm working with about 40% of the width of the truck.
I also need the port to face driver side of the truck. (I figured the flowing air from the sub can cool my amps ;-)

max vented .85
port dia/in 2.5
port length 12.5

Mounting Dimensions
Depth: 6 1/8 / 154mm
Through Hole: 225mm / 8 7/8
Diameter: 258mm / 10 3/16

Okay behind my pass seat here's what I'm working with:
1. Box can't be taller then 12.75" on the backpiece up against the back of the cab

2. Bottom of the box can't be wider then like 8"
3. Top can't be wider then like 5.5"

4. Width can't be wider then ABOUT 23" long

/------|
front / | back
/ |
/ |
------------|
bottom

this would be the side I need the port

5. Also...I need to use a 3" port, not a 2.5, so I THINK the length should be something like 9"

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
its just a standard ported box...so just 3" pvc plastic pipe is going to be used.

The biggest problem I've encountered is the mounting depth of the sub. I know out of the entire face of the front of the box the sub will have to be mounted as low as possible because 6.25" is pretty deep (still shallower then a Rockford)

Anyhow...the local audio shop told me it was impossible...yet they built a box for a friends std cab s10 that holds a 600 series 10..and the only different is driver impedance and 1/8" depth

If I have to I'm willing to dremel out a an 1/8" out of the 3/4" MDF I'm usnig to get it in.

Oh yeah...I'm using 3/4" MDF so please account for the thickness of the wood to make the volume and measurements right....

Also..those meausurements were the maximums (because I want the 10 to sound as close to a 12 as possible with the limited space I have)

If I lose a little volume but you can figure out a way to make it all fit...I'll deal.

Thanx for the help guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
Phase inverted box

:twisted: There was a cad like technology that had desin formats for boxes that I saw several years ago and one of them was called phase inxerted box.

Have you seen this. Or can you build one?

In the box two subs face each other with a sealed enclosure between them and ported on either side. The style is called Iso-baric.

The trick though was to switch polarity one either sub so that they fire with each other, rather than at each other.

The box gained 30 +\- DB!, compared to bandpass.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i must say i believe in a truck your 100% best bet would be to fiberglass an enclosure... it is cheaper diy and would... 1 look way tricker, would make the BEST use of 99% of the space behind the enclosure where the box would never be as space efficient.

(sorry to bring a post back from the dead)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.