FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, yesterday i attempted to fix my water leak, but i guess i didnt.

the water is coming in from what seems like between the glove box and the passenger side door, under the dash.

i took the plastic panel off of the passenger side because i saw there was sealant around it, so i figured that was the problem, but i guess not, after i sealed it up the leak is still there.

anyone have some ideas on what i can look into next?

i also cleaned up all of the leaves that i could see in the cowl area, but there wasn't very much

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i found the leak, water is coming in from the windshield somewhere, i just put electrical tape around it for now because its suppose to rain the next few days and i wont be able to properly fix it.

so now i just have to find a way to remove the mold from the interior, im hoping that i wont have to take the carpet out and completely clean it

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave94LX said:
are you sure it isn't the heater core? does it smell sweet?
i dont know, i cant smell very well :oops:

it only does it when it rains, or when i spray water on the windshield, so i would have a hard time believing that it is the heater core... i probably should have mentioned that.

i completely gutted the interior today and used the shop vac to dry everything out, there was a lot of mold everywhere, but im pretty sure i took care of it.. just need to seal up the windshield now

· Registered
6,096 Posts
ur probably gonna have to get the windshield replaced when u replace the seal

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
juggalo said:
why is that?

i pulled up the strip that goes from the back of the car to the front and put some caulk around there, and then sealed it p with more windshield sealer.. hopefully that finally fixes it, its suppose to rain the next 3 days so i will know if it worked or not.

i made a huge mess of it, but if it fixes the problem i at least know where it is and i can re-do all of the sealant to make it look better

· Registered
6,096 Posts
cam98aro said:
juggalo said:
why is that?
cuz sometimes, but not always, the windshield breaks when u do remove it.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
juggalo said:
cam98aro said:
juggalo said:
why is that?
cuz sometimes, but not always, the windshield breaks when u do remove it.
ah.

well, i think what i did finally fixed the problem, i slept through the storm this morning, but from what people have told me it was raining pretty good and the car was completely dry inside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.