FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all...
Yesterday it was very cold (-30 celsius) , my coolant light came up and today I saw some (3-4 drops) coolant in the snow.. is it the water in the coolant froze up and break something? ( now the coolant light is off)

Second.
If the gaz line is frozen, the car wont start, but is it normal the black smoke coming of the muffler and smell something strange?

Now the car is in my garage, I hope that it will "repair" my car :|

going to check the leak tomorrow... I hope its not so bad!

·
Registered
493 Posts
actually it has happend to me! last year on a day like yesterday -36c, I decided to go to the junkers and get my valve cover! well I noticed that after drving for 20 min I had nooo heat! I drove it home after I was done and squezzed the upper rad hose and it was slush!! so I had to put my car in the garage with the heater on for about 2 days to thaw the car!! dont worry it's just the cold that does it! ure car should be ok! :lol:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope cuz I just check and I saw a lil bnit of coolant on the side of the rad (ingtake side)

I hope that its not cracked!!
I think Im, gonna make a ¼ flush tomorrow to add some 100% coolant

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Black smoke is just it running super rich since it's so freaking cold. It's just part of the warm up enrichment process so don't worry about it. Once the car has hit the 160* warm up temp it won't enrich it like that. Course if you have the heat on and it's that cold out it might not hit 160*

·
Administrator
39,324 Posts
you need more antifreeze.. etholene glycol isnt suposed to freeze.

something i tried when it was hella cold... get some cardboard and block half the radiator off....

·
Registered
520 Posts
marclar said:
you need more antifreeze.. etholene glycol isnt suposed to freeze.

something i tried when it was hella cold... get some cardboard and block half the radiator off....
Definately.....i see alot of diesal trucks aroung here do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts