FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after way too long a time I am back online...but as a strange twist of fate, the Scort is coming off the road very soon...but fear not, I will be driving my shite little back up scort while the other is down for some much needed garage time...I look to have all the work done by mid summer (I hope) which will include a complete tear down and rebuild of both the engine and gearbox as well as finishing up on the susp mods I have been in the middle of for quite some time...after I finish building the engine...I will be installing a Garrret t3/t4 hybrid turbo with all the necessary equip to keep it safe and running strong...I am going to be changing some of the gearing out that I have found to fit my box from a Mazda 626(being our scorts here are Mazda based) to make more top end avail to me....with my current gearing it is only possible to get to 140 mph...I am looking into a possible 160 mphj or so with the gearing change...and with the beefed engine...I am also adding in some urethane bushings, front camber plates, manual steering rack and new ball joints, tie rod ends and the like....after I get all that done I will see about getting the exterior and the interior sorted...but I am hopeful to have her back to street driveable status by summer so I can have alot more fun....until then I will be getting around in a 91 5 door 88hp model...ooooh the fun of it all...lol

Mike

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, and you can be sure there will be plenty of pics of the work since I got a new digital cam....I plan on it being a very well documented process...as I will be basically disassembling the entire car a section at a time to dothe work...it will most likely take the better part of the year to get it done...figuring in realistic time and money issues.....plus when I get this one done...the boss(a.k.a. wife) has asked me to take on another project she saw and likes and can reasonably be done...she wants a 240sx with a silvia conversion...man, ya gotta love a lady like that...her only thing about the whole projects is that we don't have the means to get them done quicker so we can have fun in them....lol

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
Uh Oh!! Mike's at it again!! LOL Ready to go crusin' again man?!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome back. Hey if your wife is serious about the 240 let me know I know plenty of sources for cars parts front clips and all. I am currently letting the girlfriend drive the scort. She isnt doing to bad at all. I put everything off on that I figured why ruin a perfect car. Like I said before I got the Engine out of the Festiva and have tore down my 100 dollar 55000 mile junk yard motor and will probably be taking it somewhere to have the rust gotten rid of in the cylinder walls. By the way what do you suggest Mike for getting rid of the rust in the cylinder walls????? Once i get that done i can reasemble the motor and get it prepped to put in the festiva. Well let me know if you need anything and we all need to get together It has been a while oh and what size socket was that that i broke i know it was an impact i think it was a 21. Let me know so I can get another one for you. Take it easy.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would take the block to a good machine shop to get it done properly....I am sure there may be shortcuts to it that some people may suggest, but I believe that is your best bet....yeah, Jmaie is serious about the 240....but I am planning on waiting till later this year after I get a bit of the scort work done before starting that....not to mention the bug...lol...but I will keep in mind about your sources..I can use em...and for the socket...I'll check, but it may have been the 21mm...I remember it was half inch drive deep wel impact...but I'll verify the size...

·
Registered
386 Posts
you still doing all your work out there at that same place??? Or did you move?? If your there this weekend i will stop by with that socket for you if you want. Let me know Ill send you pics of my Festiva one of these days. I have to go get pics of the interior and the pics of the motor going in and the motor that came out. Well ill talk to you later peace.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still do work at the same place...but I have drill this weekend so I will not be at the shop....give me a ring sometime and I'll give you directions to our place...you can come by and we'll tip back a few

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sounds good to me im gonna let the holes in my mouth heal before i do anything. I forgot I was getting my wisdom teeth out this morning. I knew i had an appointment but i forgot why. Oh well Ill talk to you fellas later.

·
803 Posts
Robo: Been there and done that man. You have my sympathys on the wisdom teeth surgery. I had mine cut out a year ago next month. :wink:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
had mine out when I was in high school....I do remember the aftermath...but they put me under for the removal....they even had to take two extra teeth that had gotten messed up because of the wisdom teeth

·
803 Posts
Being under medication wasn't the problem....it was the swelling and numb cheeks I hated. After the swelling went down, my left side of my mouth and lip were numb for another month. But all is well now. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.