FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the auto seatbelts on my 95 lx are acting up. on the drive side about 90% of the time when the belt is in the "back?" position it pulses and i can hear a "knock, kncok, kncok..." coming from below the seat. any ideas on what is wrong are welcome. thanks again.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
There's a button on the door jam that when you open your door it tells your seat belt motor when to move it forward, maybe the connection is closing and opening causing it to click or knock, which would make your seatbelt vibrate (or maybe it's trying to move it back and forth but doesn't know which way...etc)

Just a guess.

My problem is when I get out of my car sometimes the connection just doesn't let go so that the motor won't move the seatbelt up. I dunno how many times I've opened and slammed the door shut waiting for it.

·
Registered
15,583 Posts
James92Scort said:
There's a button on the door jam that when you open your door it tells your seat belt motor when to move it forward, maybe the connection is closing and opening causing it to click or knock, which would make your seatbelt vibrate (or maybe it's trying to move it back and forth but doesn't know which way...etc)
There is a microswitch in the door latch that goes to the belt system. It is gummed up. Remove the door latch from the inside of the door. You will have to remove your door panel first. Carefully remove the microseitch from the door latch and dissect it with a really small screwdriver and clean it (use a pencil eraser to clean the PC board part). Reassemble it and put it back in your door. The whole thing takes about an hour and you'll need 4-6 small cable ties. My automatic seat belt has worked perfectly ever since!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Someone i know has a 96 lx and his seat belt is staying in the foward position......he asked me if i knew what was wrong and i told him that i would look on here and ask around.....so is that the only option to fixing the automatic seat belt or is there something else too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.