FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allllright, im trying to put a moderate sound system in my car... and i need a small bit of help with what kind of amp to buy, since im a n00b about audio stuff.

im replaceing the stock speakers with pioneer speakers, i've got 3-way speaker for the front and back(same size as stock) and i've also got two tweeters in the front. plus im adding a box with two 8 inch speakinger in the trunk.

since i dont really listen to rap music i assume this will be more than enough. but i need to know what kind of amp i should get, and with how many channels?

thanks

oh yeah, if it matters, im also thinking about getting two 3.5 speakers and throwing them in the roof/corner of the rear of the car.

rAN

·
Registered
750 Posts
James92Scort said:
I'd help, but you damned my car with your name.
james thats great...and dont take it personal, i dont think hes ever been in a Si

On to the question at hand. Im assuming you upgraded you Headunit to play cds and whatnot so it has preouts. Well i dont reccomend 8s but they will hit too. Id say for the highs and mids (doors, rear and tweets) get a 400w 4ch amp, which will be more then enough for your musical tastes. Then id reccomend a 1000w 2ch amp for the subs, but im sure you dont want that much so you could probally go as low as 600-800watts for the subs. And as for price, im gonna reccomend this brand www.audiofonics.com they will give you the best bang for the buck. You could go with anybrand you want. But the cheaper you go the worse the quality. If you have anyother questions about this stuff pm me or hit me up on aim and ill help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts