FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
sounds like its not the transmission itself, but the transmission controller. Sometimes called TCU´s....i would imagine that ur ECU is the same as my 5spd gt so....see if the car has a TCU and figure out the diagnostics on it....

550 for a manual tranny? u could go to a junkyard and get one for 300 easy... I got mine for 90 bucks w/ 30,000 miles on it...I had to pull it myself...but hey, for 90 bucks, it was worth the 2 hours to get it out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
oh yeh, btw, swapping from an auto tranny to a manual...well that could be difficult....there´s a hydraulic clutch on the gt 5spd....the hydraulic lines run off the master cylinder so u might have to swap one of those as well....also, if ur car doesnt have a TCU and its all in the ECU, u´d have to get another 5spd ECU to match it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
no, it was a parts yard that had cars lifted up welded on old rims...and its u pull u pay...they break down the categories as cars and trucks.....transmissions on any car are all the same price...ectera with all the parts...turbo´s are 75 bucks, but the best turbo i´ve found was off of a lebaron...i didnt buy it....its a great place, its all gravel, but they keep high maintenance to the place, u dont have to worry about stepping in all sorts of shit or anything...Its like the super market of junkyards, i love the place.

·
Registered
911 Posts
yeh automatic 1.8gt transmissions are hard to find.... try finding protege automatic trannys... i had to pull a caliper today and i got mine off a protege and it was automatic..if u werent from texas i´d say lets arrange something because the car is in great shape and the tranny is only 95 bucks...i dunno, if ur interested, it costs 50 bucks to have it shipped most places...let me know somethign cuz if u want it, i´m sure we can arrange something.,(set price for all vehicles)

·
Registered
911 Posts
i found turbo on a mazda 626 today...interested, let me know.. turbos are 50 bucks..of course i´d charge a removal fee. but not a whole lot. the turbo is good, its got some rust on the casing, but theres no play in the shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts