FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
10,607 Posts
I have 205's on my car and they just barely touched.... you should be just fine.

· Registered
796 Posts
u can run 205s no problem if u wanted... i know a few guys that have them on 5.5" wide rims

· Registered
2,726 Posts
I tried finding a 195/50 or 55 when i was getting tired for my EGT rims.
But all I could find (at that time and that cost) was a set of 205/55/15's

But yeah...know what you mean when you say that everyone goes for the 195/60's *shrug*

· Registered
60 Posts
Onegimp said:
James92Scort said:
Onegimp said:
But if he's going with 195/60's like every one else seems to do then they are going to be taller.
why not? it's not going to throw your speedo off by more than 2-5 mph, and it gives you a much better contact patch.
Not that much better contact, but will give you more of a 4x4 look.....
I know what you mean.

195/70/14s in the back 8O lifted the car despite the Eibach drop.

Oh well 5 LX alloys with good tires for $75. When you're broke and your old tires on steelies are bald and has cancer bulges...

· Registered
2,884 Posts
I have 195/65 15s currently on my GT, what is the stock tire for EGT? Since 195/60 15s are tall, what should I go with instead?

I would like to actually stay with 195 since I don't know when my power steering may fail. Since it'd cost more to fix the PS than the tires. Im looking at Cooper Cobra G/T tires since they have a 50K mile tread warranty. Someone told me Falkens wear out around 20K miles.

· Registered
5,221 Posts
Before you buy the tires check the tables the manufacturers publish to make sure the tire you are going to buy is reccommended for mounting on the rim width you have.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Even though you go for a 195/60/15 over a 185/6015, you still get a taller tire because it's a ratio, not a height.

Matt 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.