1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
624 Posts
ya ther just as good as Ground Control but cheaper made and if your looking to get these i am selling a set of them with struts and strut mounts for 250 + shipping!

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of struts??? and I'll probably go for that!

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good good, cause I have the 17X7.5's on my car right now, how long have they been on your car for, what shape are they in, how soon can I get them, and was that Canadian or American $$$??? Oh, and for some reason, I cannot use Paypal, so would a cheque work? I can send it b4 u send those over, or do COD if it's available.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i have only had them on my ccar for 4 months

sorry they are not that dirty now i dont think and if they are i will clean them up for you!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I would be very interested to find out if your claim for those coilovers being just as good as the Ground Controls is accurate... for a set of coilovers that only cost 98 bucks list to be as good as a set that cost 400 List I would be amazed. I am sure the drop is as good, that isn't going to change, but I'm willing to bet that the Ground Controls are much more well made, lighter, and will probably last longer. But like I said, I'd love to see a comparison of the two some day.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
you beat me to it... there is a reason that they are 300 dollars more... and its not just the sticker.

·
Registered
348 Posts
your damn right man, cause i have the Eibach pro coilover kit on my LX and I was wanting to put the ebay coils on that i got for free. But the Eibachs i have are 500 for a reason.

But peeps say the ebay coils work good so i am going to try them

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
if you order th GC's you can order custom spring rates if you want. most other c/o's out there are a generic spring rate. mind you most of us don't care do to just wanting to be low and look cool but the GC's are the real deal. yes they ara sleeve and coil lie the off brands but the off brands don't come with eibach springs either?!?!? there is a good reason they cost more that is cause they are quality not mass produced.

just make sure you order the zx2 GC's if you use them on the S/R struts cause the front spring purch will need to be drilled out a bit if not.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
138 Posts
hotscort said:
ya ther just as good as Ground Control but cheaper made and if your looking to get these i am selling a set of them with struts and strut mounts for 250 + shipping!
they are not even close to being as good as CG's but if you are just looking for a cheap drop they will work fine . If you are looking for performance then get either the GC's or a set of regular performance springs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
nice

yea i just bought those coilovers from ebay..they aint in my car yet but they do look reall nice..im sure they work just fine..better than wuts on the car now anyway..i just have to buy some new struts but when i get them ill let ya kno wut there like although ull proly have urs on buy then to

·
Registered
138 Posts
do yourself a favor, dont use the holes that are already drilled in the sleeves because they countersink them too deep and you only get one or two good threads to screw into.

get a tap with the same thread as the grub screws that come with the kit and drill and tap your own holes

also the orings they give you to put in between the sleeve and strut body most likely wont fit so you might want to make your own shim or wrap the strut with something to keep the sleeve from moving once its on

also drill and tap a hole on the bottom spanner nut so that after everything is installed and you set the ride height that you want you can run one of the left over grub screws up into the hole and tighten it against the upper nut/spring seat to prevent it from vibrating loose

and buy yourself a kidney belt because its going to be a stiff ride :lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
but these ones i bought arent gunna like suck to bad are they ..i mean i got them for a decent price..so like theyll b alright to give me good handleing and a nice look right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts